Community Chapter Executive –American Red Cross
The Greater Chattanooga Chapter is seeking a strategic, community-focused Chapter Executive to enhance the delivery and evolution our mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Fundraising expert; as this individual will be the chief fundraiser for the Chapter
- Exceptional leadership of paid and volunteer staff
- Exceptional relationship builder
- Compelling public speaker
- Ability to be the face of the American Red Cross during disasters, emergencies, and in the public at large
- Effectively manage and communicate change
- Skilled team builder and delegator
- Track record of community engagement
- Ability to effectively and efficiently partner with a board of directors
- Exceptional follow up and follow through skills
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Conscientious steward of finances, human capital, and the American Red Cross brand
- Exceptional business acumen
- “Big picture”, strategic thinker
- Ability to travel to attend networking and community events, media promotions, on- camera interviews, respond to disasters and emergencies, maintain a community presence
Qualified candidates will have earned a Bachelor’s level degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Non-profit Management or possess the equivalent in combined education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred. 5 years related experience in the profit or not-for-profit sector, business, sales or corporate administration. Proven track record in raising significant financial resources. Minimum 1 year experience directing a workforce, and program management. Demonstrated ability to develop effective work teams and build consensus within the organization and community. Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgment in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communication and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
To learn more about this fantastic opportunity or submit a resume, please email our Executive Recruiter, Terrance Chambliss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Qualified minorities, females, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.