The Next Door – Knoxville
Job Title: Counselor
Reports To: Program Director, TND-Knoxville
Mission: Exist to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of women in crisis, equipping them to develop lives of wholeness and hope.
Summary: To provide trauma-informed individual and group counseling in a community setting for women who are re-entering the community from incarceration.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Screen and assess for co-occurring substance use and/or mental health disorders for residents.
- Conduct biopsychosocial intake for each program participant.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan for each program participant.
- Provide trauma-informed individual, group and crisis counseling to address concerns that impact sustained, long-term recovery.
- Ensure accurate documentation of clinical information and assist with relevant data tracking and reporting.
- Assist with the outreach and admissions functions of TND-Knoxville.
- Develop a Lifetime Recovery Treatment plan for each resident.
- Refer and coordinate relevant services with community providers and stakeholders to assist with long-term stability in the community for all residents.
- Ensure timely and professional documentation to support each resident interactions and coordination of services per the documentation guidelines of The Next Door, Inc.
- Conduct exit interviews with residents leaving the community.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of The Next Door, Inc. are followed at all times by residents and volunteers.
- When possible, participate in task forces, in-services, trainings, and other community educational networking opportunities to educate others about The Next Door programs and to promote partnerships and sponsorships whenever possible.
- Participate in on-call rotation 24/7 or as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in trainings, regional meetings, staff retreats or other events required by The Next Door, Inc.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary. This person must be willing to abide by the Statement of Faith for The Next Door, Inc.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Work as a necessary part of a team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door-Knoxville
- Encourage core values of TND at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work required
- Licensed preferred
- At least two years of experience working with women in crisis situations
Probation Period Required:
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess computer skills including e-mail, Word, and Excel.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license.
- Personal automobile insurance.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to Connie.Gardner@thenextdoor.org or by fax to Connie Gardner at (865) 934-2894 no later than Thursday, July 12, 2012. No phone calls, please.