The Salvation Army – Chattanooga, Tennessee
Job Posting – Position Available
Position: Store Clerk- Bilingual Spanish
Dept: Family Store
Full Time- $10 per hour/ 36.25 hours per week
Date Needed: July 18, 2012- Non Exempt
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists store customers in donating, selecting and purchasing store items; assists customers in carrying purchased/donated items in/out of the store; operates and maintains a cash register; responds to customers’ questions; maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the store displays; ensures the security of store items and the cash register; translates for Spanish-speaking customers/clients as necessary.
Receives, sorts, prices and prepares donated items for display in the store; determines suitability and pricing of items based on established standards; assists in maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse area in back of the store.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CAPABILITIES:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements
- Ability to operate a cash register
- Ability to perform routine mathematical computations and count change
- Ability to perform frequent walking and/or standing, kneeling or crouching relieved by lesser periods of sitting
- Ability to lift and carry light objects (less than 25 pounds)
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English and Spanish languages
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques
- Ability to sort items in accordance with established categories
- Ability to determine the condition of items in accordance with established standards
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Knowledge of collectibles and name brand clothing
- Ability to pass a background and credit check
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
If interested, apply through the following link NOT LATER THAN July 3, 2012.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer