Job Title: Residential Relief Staff Knoxville
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Summary: Provide safety and security of residence after office hours. Assist residents with emergency and non-emergency needs, problem solve with assistance of Housing Monitor / On Call Staff as needed. Shifts available:
Monday-Thursday 5pm to 8pm
Friday 5pm to 9:30pm
Saturday 6:30am to 2:30pm, 2:30pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 6:30am to 2:30pm, 2:30pm to 10:30pm
Probationary Period: 90 day probationary period required
Creation date: October 30, 2012
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Be available to residents for :
- Immediate concerns or needs. Inform Housing Monitor (or if unavailable, the staff member on call) regarding a resident’s tardiness or non-return, relapse, injuries, threats, illness.
- Conduct room checks once while on duty and as needed for safety.
- Provide hourly facility surveillance in regards to safety, security, and curfews.
- Perform urine drug screens/breathalyzer as requested by staff or on suspicion.
- Report maintenance and facility concerns in nightly emails to program staff.
- Perform light clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintain quiet hours and provide visual contact of residents at curfew.
- Complete incident report for significant encounters to program manager.
- Provide transportation with company van as scheduled/needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc confidential at all times.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Work as a necessary part of a team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in random drug testing, required of all staff.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Jill Millsaps by email to Jill.Millsaps@thenextdoor.org or by fax to (865) 934-2894 no later than Wednesday, December 5, 2012. Please include the shifts you are available to work and the minimum hourly wage you require. No phone calls, please.