Community Health Programs Coordinator
This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Urban League’s health education programs and working to position the organization as a health education leader in the Greater Chattanooga area. Tasks will include: supporting clients who engage in Urban League health education programs, answering telephone and online questions, generating database reports and promoting and coordinating special health related events. The program assistant will also be responsible for specific projects, including web based research of health issues and industry news, as well as general office services as needed.
Along with a great attitude and strong organizational skills, the successful candidate will possess the ability to consistently prioritize projects to meet deadlines. As in integral part of the team, this position is a great way to be involved in a non-profit organization focused on health education.
- Provide superb customer service and support to program staff and clients
- Represent the organization in the community at public speaking engagements
- Facilitate meetings, workshops to gain group consensus on health related topics
- Generate, organize and present reports from database
- Handle mass communication with stakeholders and organize special events
- Bachelors degree required; Masters preferred
- Proficient with all MS Office programs
- Flexible and resourceful with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently; handle multiple tasks, and be a team player
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills
Duration: January 2012 – June 30, 2012
This is a temporary, contract assignment, but presents the opportunity to collaborate and network with major healthcare providers, social service organizations and insurers in theChattanoogaarea.
Please submit resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 16, 2012. No phone calls please.