Director of Development
Organization: The Orange Grove Center, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
Seeking an extraordinary professional to lead this unique, nationally recognized, and admired private non-profit organization in its fund-raising activities and engage prospective benefactors in giving opportunities. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of East Tennessee to enhance Orange Grove’s success in continuing and expanding its primary mission of serving adults and children with developmental disabilities.
About the Organization: Serving approximately 700 individuals and employing approximately 750 professional staff members. With a budget of over 30 million dollars, Orange Grove is the largest and oldest community organization in Tennessee designed to serve people with developmental disabilities. The 23 acre Orange Grove main campus is located in downtown Chattanooga and serves as the hub for comprehensive community based services. Programs include: employment training, job placement, specialized educational services, a dedicated health clinic and dental clinic, over 65 homes owned and/or operated by Orange Grove to serve approximately 265 individuals on a 24 hour basis, in-home services to people living at home, a full array of therapeutic services and a host of enrichment services (e.g., art, music, physical education) which surpass programs serving similar populations.
Qualifications: Required Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred. Seven or more years of demonstrated fundraising/development experience. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills and will have significant management experience. Additional requirements include a proven record of fund raising success with experience that includes major gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns and foundation grants. The ability to balance multiple priorities, to work successfully in a team environment, and to develop positive relationships with staff (three fulltime professional staff members dedicated to fund-raising), Board of Directors and donors is essential.
Salary commensurate with experience and evidence of fund raising potential.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes should be submitted by November 1, 2011
Summary: Design and implement a comprehensive development program and team. Manage and oversee all elements of the program, team and the resources necessary for maintenance and long term growth of the program. Responsible to the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement a plan to attract major donors and planned giving
- Manage all aspects of fund raising including membership, events, grants, data management
- Seek new funding streams by engaging prospective benefactors and create ongoing giving through innovative new opportunities
- Assist with and vigorously pursue the fund raising goals of OGC as set by the Board of Directors
- Articulate a detailed knowledge of the history, culture, programs and services provided by OGC
Develop annual fund raising plan, including membership and major planned gifts
- Work closely with the Executive Director to plan and implement major donor relations
- Supervise development team
- Oversee research, writing and reporting of grants
- Manage use of Raisers Edge and related computer software
- Manage events and endowment generating fund raising efforts
- Drive substantial endowment growth through fresh and innovative approaches
Propose and remain within the confines of the approved Development Office budget:
- Propose budget for the Development Office to the Executive Director and Director of Finance on an annual basis
- Review financial reports provided by Director of Finance and remain within the confines of the budget
Fully support and embrace the mission of OGC and the people served.