Job Title: AmeriCorps National Direct – Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area
Mission: To work in partnership with God and people from all walks of life, to build decent, affordable housing for those who otherwise would be unable to experience the physical and spiritual benefits of home ownership.
Summary: The National Direct Member will contribute to the overall goal of increasing home production at HFHGC by assisting in the development of crew leaders. In turn, the trained crew leaders will replace the member as the volunteer trainer after his/her term of service creating a sustainable method to utilize more volunteers on the construction site.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- to assist the construction manager on the construction site in daily activities related to creating a productive and efficent volunteer experience.
- engage volunteers in the tasks to be performed
- assist in the recruitment and retention of construction crew leaders
- participate in any meetings considered relevant to the work of the member along with trainings or other courses deemed necessary.
To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary.
· Basic construction knowledge and skills are preferred.
· Must be comforable working at or above 8 foot and on ladders.
· Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
· Member must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must meet qualifications for AmeriCorps National Direct Program including traveling to national events
· Be able to work Tuesday – Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED is minimum education requirement.
For more information on the position, please visit http://www.habitat.org/cd/hr/cncsJobsDetail.aspx?pid=40956
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by fax to Dawn Hjelseth at (423) 756-0509 no later than Friday June 24.